[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool aligns day intervals by UTC time

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Jan 22 15:31:35 MET 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 06:12:50AM -0800, Frank Signorelli wrote:
> rrdtool aligns day intervals by UTC time

Yes, it does and this should not be a surprise.

> I guess the rrdtool dump is "adjusting" the data for 24 hour intervals
> that start and stop at 19:00:00 instead of midnight.

No, it has intervals that start and stop at a multiple of 86400 seconds
since the unix epoch.  This translates in midnight UTC.  Your RRD would
also work on my server and it would show "01:00:00".

> Is there any way I can change the behavior of rrdtool so that it aligns
> the day intervals at midnight in my timezone?

You want a granularity of one hour, so increase the number of rows by 24
and divide the number of PDPs in each CDP by 24.

For more information, this topic has been discussed many times and should
be present in archives (try google).

HTH
Alex
--