[rrd-users] segfaulting on graph

Richard Russo russor at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Jul 29 21:03:40 MEST 2004

I'm having some trouble with rrd,  it's segfaulting when making graphs
and I can't tell why.
I've got two rrds, A and B.  B will graph fine, but A segfaults.  rrdtool
fetch with the same arguments returns mostly the same for both of
them.  The four lines of data are different, but close, the rest of the
data is NaN.  I've attached the output from both.

I'm fetching with

"rrdtool fetch A.rrd AVERAGE --start -2m > A"

and graphing with

"rrdtool graph A.png --start -2m DEF:A=A.rrd:hit:AVERAGE LINE2:A"

(filenames have been changed to protect the innocent)

I've attached the output from the fetches.

I'm using RRDtool 1.0.45 on FreeBSD 4.8.

Richard

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: text/plain
-- Desc: Attachment information.

-- Type: Application/Octet-stream
-- Size: 69k (70850 bytes)