[rrd-users] Re: [mrtg] Pre-generate graphs with MRTG/RRD setup

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Fri Jun 4 09:57:36 MEST 2004

> improves disk performance, but that's about it. I still would
> like to find a way to generate the graphs every 5 minutes
> instead of on the fly with 14all.
> I hope that someone can tell me how to do that.

I don't use 14all, but rrdtool has a lazy option for generating graphs (
[-z|--lazy] ).
If 14all is graphing to stdout, that will not help you.
If 14all is graphing to disk and it is serving you (in the html img tag)
a link to that file,
than it may help you.

You could then setup an entry in your crontab to fetch the pages every 5
minutes.
That way you are always sure to get the freshest image and to have it
waiting on disk.

Use wget, lynx or any tool you like to fetch the pages.

Serge.