[rrd-users] Re: Adding white spaces to graph comments

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Mar 10 02:04:23 MET 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 05:05:07PM -0500, Mike.Fountain at worldspan.com wrote:

> I am using the x86 distribution of version 1.0.40
>
> I am starting to put together a perl script to add some comments at the
> bottom of a graph.  So far I've started with this:
> $commentcmd = ' COMMENT:"\n"';
> $commentcmd = $commentcmd . ' COMMENT:"\n"';
> $commentcmd = $commentcmd . ' COMMENT:"                            Average
> Max       Current\n"';
> $commentcmd = $commentcmd . ' COMMENT:"In"';

This has nothing to do with RRDtool I think.

Add two lines to your perl code.  Something like

  system("echo $commendcmd");
  system("echo \"$commendcmd\"");

I must admit I am no perl guru.  I would have expected the opposite of
what I saw happening.  Nevertheless, I duplicated your problem without
calling rrdtool even once.

HTH
Alex
--