[rrd-users] Re: Newbie graph help with labels

Stephan Knabe sknabe at ifh.de
Fri Mar 19 08:50:35 MET 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 Christian_Lair at i2.com wrote:

> I can't seem to get the
> bottom to specify which month the data is for. Instead of getting
> February, March etc. I get Week1, Week2, Week3 etc. I've tried playing
> around with the --x option but that seems to have made it worse. Now I
> just get 00:00:00. I can't seem to find a lot of in depth detail about the
> --x option for graph. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Here's
> the code I use to create the graph.
> rrdtool graph load.gif                          \
> --start 1075615200                              \
>  -w 800 -h 300                                  \
> --x WEEK:1:MONTH:1:MONTH:1:0:%X                 \
> DEF:LoadAvg=load_avg.rrd:load:AVERAGE   \
> LINE2:LoadAvg#FF0000

I did not really find a doc about this, so I played around with the
parameters too. So I figured out the following (if someone knows better
please correct me):
If you use
	--x WEEK:1:MONTH:1:MONTH:1:0:%X
the printed string comes from the %X , so a few parameters for this  are:
%a	Day of the week (i.e. Mon)
%A      Day of the week (i.e. Monday)
%b      Name of the month (i.e. Mar)
%B      Name of the month (i.e. March) - maybe that's the one you wanted
%c      Date like: Mon Mar 1 00:00:00 2004
%d      Day of the month (like 01)
%D      Date like: 03/01/04
%s      for the Unix date

... (to be continued?)