[rrd-users] Newbie graph help with labels

Christian_Lair at i2.com Christian_Lair at i2.com
Thu Mar 18 21:57:05 MET 2004

I've been searching all over and can't seem to get something figured out.
I've got an RRD that will track unix load averages over a 3 month period.
The data is coming from an external script and seems to be working OK. The
problem I'm having is with graphing the data. I can't seem to get the
bottom to specify which month the data is for. Instead of getting
February, March etc. I get Week1, Week2, Week3 etc. I've tried playing
around with the --x option but that seems to have made it worse. Now I
just get 00:00:00. I can't seem to find a lot of in depth detail about the
--x option for graph. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Here's
the code I use to create the graph.
rrdtool graph load.gif                          \
--start 1075615200                              \
 -w 800 -h 300                                  \
--x WEEK:1:MONTH:1:MONTH:1:0:%X                 \
DEF:LoadAvg=load_avg.rrd:load:AVERAGE   \
LINE2:LoadAvg#FF0000

Thanks,
Christian Lair