[rrd-users] Re: A Multi-Threaded SNMP Get ?

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Sun Mar 21 21:38:46 MET 2004

> I work for an ISP which has a a large number of routers and I
> often have a need for a high performance SNMP collector to
> collect data from a number of routers. I have managed to
> achieve reasonably high performance by spawning multiple
> collectors but it's still a bit clunky and I am searching for
> a better way of doing it.

You could consider using non-blocking snmp transactions.
Your code will continue immediately after the query and
When the result is sent back, a callback routine is
Started in your script. See `man Net::SNMP`.

I don't know if it will help, I guess that depends on the
Average wait time for your queries.

Serge.