[rrd-users] RRD graph creation

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Thu Mar 25 20:13:13 MET 2004

Greetings,

I'm in the process of a migration towards RRDtool for our MRTG stuff.  I
hope to migrate to using a cgi-based graph creator to save on CPU usage,
but I already have a lot of scripting invested in building HTML pages to
allow our NOC to drill down by customer name or card and then port,
which will need to be rewritten to reference the appropriate call to a CGI.

As an intermediate step, I'd like to switch to a log format of rrdtool
but still have all of the graphs created.  I'm hoping for the
incremental performance boost because of the more efficient database
structure.  Obviously I'll need to find a way to call "rrdtool graph
BLAH".  Are there any easy ways to tell MRTG to do this automatically?
If not, does anyone have a sample of how they call rrdtool to do the
graphing to mimic the intervals of MRTG's four typical graphs?

Thanks,

pt