[rrd-users] Re: RRD graph creation

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at pavouk.org
Sun Mar 28 16:53:52 MEST 2004

Hello,

> As an intermediate step, I'd like to switch to a log format of rrdtool
> but still have all of the graphs created.

You can call cgi script for generating graphs from your script on command
line, but it's not a good idea...

> If not, does anyone have a sample of how they call rrdtool to do the
> graphing to mimic the intervals of MRTG's four typical graphs?

You can look at RRDTool integration page:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg-rrd.html
There are scripts 14all.cgi and mrtg-rrd which generates html page with graph
in MRTG-like style.

I use 14all.cgi, which is called on demand from Apache.

Link to script looks like this:
http://mrtg.isp.xx/mrtg-cgi/14all.cgi?log=gw1.router.xx_serial4_0_24&cfg=gw1.router.xx.cfg

I have MRTG configuration in more included files (1 router = 1 file), because,
when you have thousands target, that generating of graphs is slow due to
parsing MRTG config file. Script is called with parameter for included cfg
file.

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka