[rrd-users] Re: RRDTool graphs: various questions

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu May 27 11:34:44 MEST 2004

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 09:53:47AM +0100, John Murdoch wrote:

> 1) Does anyone have an RPN function that can change MIN/MAX averages, so that on close inspection, the graph plots only one point rather than draw a "bar chart" for the time period in question. To clarify, if I was to create and RRA where there is one MAX value per day, currently it would be a continous line for the day, then instantly drop off/shoot up to the next point for the next day. I'd like to have one point at 12 noon every day, so that the lines slope between points.

If you want an one-hour granularity, do so in your RRA.  Update at
noon local time, and you get what I think you ask.

> 2) Is it possible to plot two RRAs using the same consolidation function, but with differing steps/rows, on the same graph? I'd like to plot two RRA AVERAGEs of varying granularity on the same graph, but I can't seem to do this.

There's no problem whatsoever to do this AFAIK.

> 3) Is it possible to time-shift in a graph, rather than setting the unwanted time period to 0/unknown and leaving open gaps on the graphs? For example I'd like to plot the Monday to Friday, so that as soon as Friday is passed, the graph jumps straight to Monday, leaving out Sat/Sun.

No.

Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If