[rrd-users] Re: Advanced CDEF Question

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu May 27 11:40:34 MEST 2004

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 02:03:47PM -0600, Dayton Turner wrote:
>   Anyways, Ive got this working, using the CDEF
>
>   a,b,+,c,+,d,+,1024,*,8,* (to change to bits and mult by 1024)
>   and
>   e,f,+,g,+,h,+,1024,*,8,8

that 2nd eight is a typo.  Yes, this looks good, except then NaN
is involved.

>   b,a,LT,0,b,a,-,IF

> (e,f,+,g,+,h,+,1024,*,8,*),(a,b,+,c,+,d,+,1024,*,8,*),LT,0,(e,f,+,g,+,h,
> +,1024,*,8,*),(a,b,+,c,+,d,+,1024,*,8,*),-,IF

Are you putting those parentheses in for real?  You shouldn't.

For readability I'd define two CDEFs and use those in the 3rd:

CDEF:tmp1=a,b,+,c,+,d,+,1024,*,8,*
CDEF:tmp2=e,f,+,g,+,h,+,1024,*,8,*
CDEF:save=tmp2,tmp1,LT,0,tmp2,tmp1,-,IF

>   When i look at the graph in graph debug mode, It just shows a broken
> graph, and "RRDtool Says: "
>
>   Normally it would say OK, or if there was an error, spit out what the
> error was. This is obviously making it hard to debug.

That is a front end not doing its job I guess.

Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If