[rrd-users] Re: Absolute current and max values

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Tue Oct 12 22:39:36 MEST 2004

> I wonder if there is anyway that I can make current and max
> be the absolute (or actual) max/current values entered into
> the rrd database?
>
> I realize that using test.rrd:M:AVERAGE ask for the average
> values, but I have tried with MAX and it made no difference.

When you choose a time span that is fully within the boundaries
of your highest res RRA, MAX will be the same as AVERAGE.

When values from a high res RRA travel to a lower res RRA that
has a bigger time span, multiple rows will be consolidated.
That is the point where the MAX and the AVERAGE RRA will begin
To differ.

Hope this makes sense to you..

Serge.