[rrd-users] Absolute current and max values

Martin Djernaes martin at djernaes.dk
Tue Oct 12 20:12:40 MEST 2004

Hi,

I'm using RRDTool to store some values over time (like everyone else) and
I generate a graph where the current, average and max values are printed
below the graph.

I wonder if there is anyway that I can make current and max be the
absolute (or actual) max/current values entered into the rrd database?

I print the text like this:

DB=test.rrd
..
	DEF:M=$DB:M:AVERAGE \
..
	AREA:M#0000FF:More \
	GPRINT:M:LAST:"       Current\:%4.1lf" \
	GPRINT:M:AVERAGE:"Average\:%4.1lf" \
	GPRINT:M:MAX:"Maximum\:%4.1lf\n" \
..

I realize that using test.rrd:M:AVERAGE ask for the average values, but I
have tried with MAX and it made no difference.

Any tips / ideas?

Martin