[rrd-users] Re: Installing RRDTool from RPMs

Gaurav Sabharwal gaurav at inwire.net
Wed Oct 20 19:42:36 MEST 2004

Hi Tim,

Tim Holmes wrote:
> [root at LinuxMonitorWS Downloaded RPMs]# rpm -Uvh rrdtool-1.0.49-1.1.fc2.fr.src.rpm
If you want to use the source rpms, you will need to rebuild the rpms.
You most probably want to download the i386 rpm.

> I tried Up2Date cacti, and it said that it couldn't find it, so I suspect that up2date isn't configured correctly,
cacti is not part of RH distribution. You should get the latest version
of cacti from www.cacti.net.

Personally I would recommend downloading the source of both the packages
and build/install using it.

--
Regards,

Gaurav Sabharwal