[rrd-users] Re: RRD Data is incorrect -- Please help

Lozovsky, Daniel daniel.lozovsky at attws.com
Mon Oct 25 20:35:35 MEST 2004

I created a rrd with step 900 and heartbeat of 1800.  I expect data to
come in every 15 minutes and if no data comes in for 30 minutes than an
unknow value is created.

I receive the data from the oracle database.

The problem I have is with how rrd populates the data.  All the numbers
that comes into RRD are whole numbers.  For some reason, RRD sometimes
makes the numbers in decimal format ie instead of entering 4 it will
give me 3.9 or 3.5.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Daniel