[rrd-users] Two independent Y-axis scales

Robert Nelson rnelson at windchannel.com
Thu Oct 28 21:25:00 MEST 2004

Hello,

I am using RRDTool with Nagios and am tracking some info on radios. One
the values is RSSI, which can range from 0 to 2500. The other is jitter,
which has a range of 0 to 15. I'd like to make two Y-axis scales, Blue
from 0 to 2500 and Green from 0 to 15, with the appropriate colored
lines for the values. As it is, the jitter just shows as a solid green
line on the bottom of the chart, so it's really hard to tell if it's
varying at all.

I can do this as multiple charts, but it would be really nice to view
all this stuff in one place. We've used other tools that do this in the
past and it works great, since both lines really should be a solid
horizontal line (should be...). I looked through the archive and saw a
September 2003 post suggesting someone might be working on this, but
there was no followup that I could find.

Thanks!

Rob Nelson
Network Engineer
Windchannel Communications