[rrd-users] Re: Graphing ccache statistics

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Sep 15 16:36:13 MEST 2004

>>> "David Cannings" <lists at edeca.net> 9/15/2004 10:11:16 AM >>>
>I'd like to graph ccache statistics but I'm unsure if rrdtool would be
the
>right way to do this.  A sample (snipped) output from it is below:
>
>desktop david # ccache -s
>cache hit                            951
>cache miss                           377
>files in cache                       754
>cache size                           5.1 Mbytes

<snip>

I'd say graph them per hour.  A measurement of "per 30 minutes"
doesn't roll very well off the tongue.  Even a "per 15 minutes" seems
better than 30 minute increments.  If they are reset each time
you read them, they would seem to be an absolute value.

Yes, I do roughly the same thing and graphing these with RRDTool
gives a great view into the activity of a web server or a proxy
server.
That's what I use it for, and the group responsible for these
types of servers often tunes their servers based on the feedback
the graphs are giving to them.

Paul