[rrd-users] create a RRD with the sum of other RRDs

rrd at euskal-linux.org rrd at euskal-linux.org
Fri Sep 24 18:42:49 MEST 2004

Hi!!!

 Well i hope i explain correctly.

 I have configured a switch with SNMP to get IN and OUT traffic port by
port, so i have a RRD file with IN and OUT for each switch port (in this
case 48 ports = 48 RRD files).

 Well, all this works OK.,.... but what i need is to see all the traffic
of the VLANs.

 I explain......

 I have one VLAN called VLAN1 with the ports 6,7,8,9,10 and 11, so i
want to create a RRD file with the traffic of that VLAN,   the sum of
the traffic of ports 6,7,8,9,10 and 10.

 An example:

 traffic (in bytes):

  port  6 = 100
  port  7 = 200
  port  8 = 50
  port  9 = 300
  port 10 = 50
  port 11 = 100

 VLAN1 = 800

 How can i create (automatically or via perl script) a RRD file with the
VLAN1 traffic???

 Thanks in advance.....