[rrd-users] Re: Excluding UNKN or NAN from CDEF

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Mon Sep 27 17:37:08 MEST 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 09:59:19AM -0500, Eric Brander wrote:

> Good suggestion but its result is not quite what I was looking for.
> This makes all unknowns = 0.0 (or in my case I tried 1.0 - which made
> the graphs look far more successful than they should be) Again, the only
> acceptable result would be to eliminate unknowns entirely.

AFAIK unknowns are ignored when averaging.

In other words: 1,1,1,unknown,1 will result in 100%,  1,0,0,unknown
will result in 25%

Easy to check, when you run a script on a database with known content.
Just build a test-rrd, put some data in it and create some graphs.

HTH
Alex
--
You want an answer?  You'd better follow the following guidelines!
Linesize well below 80 chars. Reply to the list, not to me. Trim