[rrd-users] [Fwd: Re: Re: Excluding UNKN or NAN from CDEF]

Stephan Harren sh at abovenet.de
Mon Sep 27 17:43:34 MEST 2004

 >Good suggestion but its result is not quite what I was looking for.

>This makes all unknowns = 0.0 (or in my case I tried 1.0 - which made
>the graphs look far more successful than they should be) Again, the only
>acceptable result would be to eliminate unknowns entirely.

Unknowns ARE ignored when calculating, so try not to use the "use 0
instead of NaN"-Statements:

DEF:Response=\mrtg\log\WebCheck\TEST.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE
CDEF:ResponseSum=PREV,UN,0,PREV,IF,Response,+ CDEF:One=Response,-1,GT
CDEF:OneSum=PREV,UN,0,PREV,IF,One,+
CDEF:Uptime=ResponseSum,OneSum,/
CDEF:UptDisp=Uptime,100,*
CDEF:AboveSLA=Uptime,0.9,GE,Uptime,UNKN,IF
AREA:Response#3399ff:"Response from Webserver"
HRULE:0.9#000000:"SLA 90 %\n"
LINE3:Uptime#FF0000:"UpTime below SLA"
LINE3:AboveSLA#00FF00:"Uptime Above SLA\n"
GPRINT:UptDisp:MAX:"Uptime Max %.2lf %%"
GPRINT:UptDisp:MIN:"Min %.2lf %%"
GPRINT:UptDisp:AVERAGE:"Mean %.2lf %%"
GPRINT:UptDisp:LAST:"Last %.2lf %%\n"
COMMENT:"Last Update: 09/27/2004 7:36:45 AM\r"

But I guess, this will probably also have some disadvantages, because
calculating with NaNs can lead to strange effects. Giv it a try, but I'd
also prefer to use the "cleaned" version.

Stephan

--
Stephan Harren
Head of Engineering