[rrd-users] Editing the xml output from a dump

Eric Brander eric_mailing_list at rednarb.com
Fri Apr 8 17:01:54 MEST 2005

I've discovered that a flaw in my polling procedure injected inaccurate
data in to my RRDs. Now I would like to edit the xml dump and fix it,
essentially making the borked readings a 1.  I can do this, one at a
time, with a text editor and a WHOLE lot of cut/paste work... but was
wondering if there was an easier way to do it either with RRDTool or if
you folks had a snazzy way to do easy editing of xml like this.

To start, I'd just like to replace all the fields that are not NAN with
can go back and manually input the correct numbers at the right dates.
For now, getting rid of the wrong data that shows other than a 1.0 would
be ideal.  BTW, I'm on Win2k so I don't seem to have access to any fancy
search and replace tools that can use wild cards or placeholders. :-(
Perhaps there's something in perl but I'm weak in perl.

Thanks for your time!

Eric Brander