[rrd-users] Re: Adding many data samples at once

Marc Bilodeau marc at somix.com
Thu Apr 14 14:27:51 MEST 2005

Hi All,

I was having a problem updating an RRD file with multiple data point using
the Perl modules (RRDs).

My dilemma is I need to assemble all my data points ahead of time and then
dump them into the rrd like:

foreach (1..5000) {
	$NewTimeStamp = $baseTime + 300;
	Push (@DataPoints, "ValIn:ValOut:$NewTimeStamp");
}

RRDs::update ("test.rrd", @DataPoints);

The problem is that this will produce an error because it tells me that it
was looking for 2 data points but got 5000 (in this example). How can I
perform this update in 1 rrd update instead of (much slower) 5000 updates?

Sincerely,
Marc

---