[rrd-users] Re: Prob with RRDTool

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Wed Aug 17 06:11:16 MEST 2005

At 09:02 PM 8/16/2005, you wrote:
>Hi, I'm a newbie in using RRDTool. I've installed MRTG on Linux Red Hat 9.0,
>and it's running well.
>  I tried to installed RRDTool, and the installation went on smoothly. Here
>are some changes I made to the mrtg.cfg:
>  PathAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.11/bin/rrdtool
>LibAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.11
>/lib/perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/RRDs/
>LogFormat: rrdtool
>  However, I didn't see any rrd file being generated. How can I verify if the
>RRDTool is running? Did I missed out any steps in integrating MRTG and
>RRDTool?
>  Thanks,

You more or less asked a question related to what I was just about to ask.

As far as I can tell, you need to create a rrd file with rrdtool
create. I don't quite get a lot of the paramaters, so I was wondering
if someone has common examples of the more pouplar things people
would monitor - in my case, MRTG for a DSL line, postfix (mail in /
out), and spamassassin scores?

Thanks. :)

Evan