[rrd-users] A couple of newbie questions

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Sat Aug 20 21:24:31 MEST 2005

Hi,
We already make extensive use of MRTG2 to monitor network traffic, and
after I attending Tobias's presentation on RRDTool at OSCON I decided I
ought to give that a try as well.  For purposes of learning RRDTool, I
decided to monitor environmental factors in two different wiring
closets.  I'm collecting humidity and temp Celsius data and presenting
it in a single graph and I'm  using rpn to calculate the Fahrenhiet
value as well, and presenting all six data points on a single graph.
What I haven't been able to figure out and/or glean from the docs is how
to organize the legend.  I would like to organize it into meaningful
rows and columns whereas right now it looks like a single row that wraps
at end of line.  Is that doable?  Where do I look for more info.  Also,
I would like to present the data so that the newest values are on the
left, not the right hand side.  Is there something like a "growleft"
parameter to flip the graph?  I couldn't find that in the docs either.

Thanks.

--
Rob Tanner
UNIX Services Manager