[rrd-users] Install help on FC4, dual proc server

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Dec 19 16:39:40 MET 2005

Hi all,

I'm having problems installing RRDTool on a Fedora Core 4 two processor
machine.  I'm getting this error:

checking for art_vpath_add_point in -lart_lgpl_2... no
checking for pkg-config... pkg-config
configure: WARNING:
* I found a copy of pkgconfig, but there is no libart-2.0.pc file
around.
  You may want to set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable to point to its
  location.

configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of libart-2.0. Check config.log for
hints on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libart_lgpl_2 and its header
files. If
  you have not installed libart-2.0, you can get it either from its
original home on

     ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/libart_lgpl/2.3/

  You can find also find an archive copy on

     http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/pub/libs

  The last tested version of libart-2.0 is 2.3.17.

       LIBS=-lm
   LDFLAGS=
  CPPFLAGS= -I/usr/include/libart-2.0

I have libart-2.3.17 installed:

/usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2.3.17

If I set the CPPFLAGS environment var to point to the
directory where the libart library is installed, the configure
blows up right at the beginning.

Paul