[rrd-users] RRA: Dayly and weekly graphs

Pablo Velasquez Rivas pvelasquez at its.co.cr
Tue Jul 5 17:53:53 MEST 2005

Hi all.
I've been using rrdtool since last year, and I'm really pleased with its
performance. Now I have a question.
I created a rrd file a couple of weeks ago like this:

rrdtool create router.rrd         \
            --step 60   \
            DS:in_octets:COUNTER:120:0:U   \
            DS:out_octets:COUNTER:120:0:U  \
            RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:46080      \
            RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:120:4464    \

What I want is to store the traffic every minute in one interface.
The first RRA  stores the traffic every minute in 32 days.
The second RRD stores the traffic every two hours in 372 days.

Yesterday the dayly graphic showed a peak of 1.12Mbps around 10 a.m
(GMT-06), but the weekly graphic showed that peak in 586Kbps.

As far as I know the rrdtool uses the first rrdfile to extract the data
in the desired interval, Am I right ?? So why did I get different graphs
if the first rrdfile has information for one month?

Thanks in advance.

--
Ing. Pablo A. Velásquez Rivas