[rrd-users] Trouble Installing RRDTool 1.2.10

Prasanna Kumar Natarajan apoarxd at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 23:07:23 MEST 2005

When I run the configure script, I get the following warnings at the end

configure: WARNING:
* I found a copy of pkgconfig, but there is no cgilib.pc file around.
  You may want to set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable to point to its
  location.

configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of cgilib. Check config.log for hints on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libcgi and its header files. If
  you have not installed cgilib, you can get it either from its original home on

     http://www.infodrom.org/projects/cgilib

  You can find also find an archive copy on

     http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/pub/libs

  The last tested version of cgilib is 0.5.

       LIBS=-lfreetype -lpng -lz -lart_lgpl_2 -lm
   LDFLAGS=
  CPPFLAGS= -I/usr/include/libart-2.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2

configure: error: Please fix the library issues listed above and try again.
[root at pnatarajan2-2 rrdtool-1.2.10]#

I downloaded cgilib-1.0 & installed it, but I still keep getting these warnings.

The config.log output shows the following

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;

configure: exit 1
[root at pnatarajan2-2 rrdtool-1.2.10]#

Is there anything that I might need to do to get rid of these warnings or is it fine having these warnings - please advise.

Thanks & Regards,
Prasanna.