[rrd-users] Re: A question regarding step size in rrdxport ...

Wolfgang Schrimm wolfgang.schrimm at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jul 6 17:24:37 MEST 2005

Hello Andreas,

you have to give an appropriate maxrows parameter. The default is 400.

That's because xport uses logic from the graph command where the step
size is choosen based on the width of the graph.

With the default maxrows value and your start and end values you get:

365 x 24 x 3,600 = 31,536,000 (seconds)
31,536,000 / 400 = 78,840 (step size)
rounded to a multiple of 300 is 78900

PS: xport is available in the perl module (try the shared-demo.pl in the
examples directory)

hth,
Wolfgang