[rrd-users] linking dynamic libraries with RRD

Kalin Evtimov Evtimov at web.de
Fri Jun 3 09:05:05 MEST 2005

I am trying to compile RRDtool, but compiling the RRDs module gives me

ld: Can't find library or mismatched ABI for -lrrd

if I remove the -lrrd flag from the Makefile, it compiles, but after that the examples in the /examples directory doesn't work, giving a
/usr/lib/hpux64/dld.so: Unsatisfied code symbol 'rrd_clear_error' in load module '/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.8.6/IA64.ARCHREV_0-LP64/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so'.

error.

I think that this problem is not new, but I couldn't find a solution  in google.

Will be glad if somebody knows what to do.

Kalin