[rrd-users] Re: ERROR: error mmapping file <>

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Fri Jun 3 17:15:31 MEST 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 10:42:43AM -0400, Sato, Steven J wrote:
> All, this is a total newb question but after I set up the tool and
> started with the
> tutorials I ran into this problem.
>
> rrdtool create test.rrd - successful
> rrdtool update test.rrd - error mmapping file
>

> I have reread the tutorials and searched the archives for any
> information on this.
> I have changed permissions deleted and recreated my rrd with no change
> in status.

I know this is not mentioned in the tutorials.  I don't think it
is common, also the tutorials were written before mmap was introduced.

You really need to tell us something about your environment if you
expect people to help.  OS, compiler, make, linker, anything that
may be useful to know.

regards,
Alex