[rrd-users] Re: ERROR: error mmapping file <>

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sat Jun 4 09:09:57 MEST 2005

Hi Sato,

the error indicates that mmaped io does not work on your box ...
you can disable mmap at configure time when compiling rrdtool ...

cheers
tobi
Yesterday Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 10:42:43AM -0400, Sato, Steven J wrote:
> > All, this is a total newb question but after I set up the tool and
> > started with the
> > tutorials I ran into this problem.
> >
> > rrdtool create test.rrd - successful
> > rrdtool update test.rrd - error mmapping file
> >

> > I have reread the tutorials and searched the archives for any
> > information on this.
> > I have changed permissions deleted and recreated my rrd with no change
> > in status.
>
> I know this is not mentioned in the tutorials.  I don't think it
> is common, also the tutorials were written before mmap was introduced.
>
> You really need to tell us something about your environment if you
> expect people to help.  OS, compiler, make, linker, anything that
> may be useful to know.
>
> regards,
> Alex
>
> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETL F24.2, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker +41(0)44-632-5286