[rrd-users] Re: problems installing rrd ...

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Jun 8 09:11:25 MEST 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 04:48:52PM +1000, Peter Ryall wrote:

> my background is in managing a whole pile of boxes and keep
> them as vanilla as possible to keep them working (and
> supported by sun), so this is a new thing for me. i've seen
> and installed open-source s/w before but it's been REALLY
> easy to install - as i expected this to be.

Well, clearly you do not benefit from my (limited) experience
with compiling rrdtool on sun.  Perhaps someone else can take
over.

If your boxes are supported by sun, maybe you can convince them
to work with you and find the sun-way to do things.  I'm sure
the author will appreciate this effort so don't forget to mail
him your findings as well.

Alex