[rrd-users] Re: problems installing rrd ...

Peter Ryall Peter.Ryall at bizlink.nsw.gov.au
Thu Jun 9 02:33:00 MEST 2005

hugo,

i reckon i can field this ... (but feel free to correct me!)

part of the beauty of rrdtool is that ANYONE can use/install it.

thus the problem with a solaris package is twofold:

a) it installs into a particular place (usually) system defaulty
kinds of places, which aren't changeable, except by editing the
(text part of the) package, which kind of defeats the purpose;

b) relies on certain non-open (closed?) source programs, which
parts of rrd have been designed arround.

but i suppose nothing is surmountable ...

peter ryall.
dill extra-ordinaire!
bizlink.