[rrd-users] Re: problems installing rrd ...

Gareth Mann gareth.mann at ardec.com.au
Thu Jun 23 01:48:34 MEST 2005

Hello All,

This is in relation to an earlier post by a fellow rrdtool user.
http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/rrd-users/msg09911.html

It seems that by altering this comand:
env CPPFLAGS="-I$BUILD_DIR/lb/include" LDFLAGS="-L$BUILD_DIR/lb/lib"
CFLAGS="-O3 -fPIC" GNUMAKE=gmake ./configure --disable-shared
--prefix=$BUILD_DIR/lb

by adding:
EGREP=/usr/bin/egrep    <===== (standard location for egrep on a solaris
9 system)

so that the command now looks like this:
env CPPFLAGS="-I$BUILD_DIR/lb/include" LDFLAGS="-L$BUILD_DIR/lb/lib"
CFLAGS="-O3 -fPIC" GNUMAKE=gmake EGREP=/usr/bin/egrep ./configure
--disable-shared --prefix=$BUILD_DIR/lb

This appears to build freetype without any issues.

However I am haveing another issue when runninng the 'make' for rrdtool
afterward the configuration is complete. I dont know if that has to do
with the using the above change or if that is just mere coincidence.

Below is the output I receive from make:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
make  all-recursive
Making all in src
Making all in bindings
Making all in tcl
Making all in python
cd perl-piped && make
cd perl-shared && make RPATH=/usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.9/lib
Making all in doc
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 231: Unexpected end of line seen
Current working directory /tmp/rrdbuild/rrdtool-1.2.9/doc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /tmp/rrdbuild/rrdtool-1.2.9
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
root at wolf #
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

--
Gareth Mann
Systems Engineer

http://www.ardec.com.au
http://www.lisasoft.com

Support Details:
-----------------------
email:	support at ardec.com.au
Phone:	1300 72 72 80

Sydney                 			Melbourne
-----------------------			--------------------------
Suite 112, The Lower Deck,		Level 7 520 Collins Street
Jones Bay Warf,      			Melbourne Vic 3000
19-21 Pirrama Rd
Pyrmont NSW 2009

Ph:  +61 2 8570 5000   			Ph:  +61 3 9629 8955
Fax: +61 2 8570 5099   			Fax: +61 3 9629 4955

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal
or professional privilege and copyright. No representation is made that
this  email  is  free of viruses or other defects. If you have received
this communication in error, you may not copy or distribute any part of
it or otherwise disclose its  contents  to  anyone. Please  advise  the
sender of your incorrect receipt of this correspondence.