[rrd-users] Accessing data from a certain time period only

Adam Bayless adam at baylessfamily.org
Thu Jun 30 17:27:28 MEST 2005

We have some customers on a sort of weird billing model. They are only
billed based on traffic that they used between 8am and 11pm, so I am
wondering if I can generate a report of this traffic using rrdtool by
itself. What I need would be similar to the PERCENT VDEF method, but
something like this:

VDEF:billable=mydata,a,b,WINDOW
where 'billable' is an average of the data points between a and b hours

Can anybody think of a way to do this without too much trouble? I've
already got a perl script that takes a dump of month's worth of data
from rrdtool and does this itself, but it would be pretty slick to be
able to do it directly in rrdtool.

Thanks,

Adam