[rrd-users] Incorrect 'LAST' value.

Cory Casler ccasler at ihets.org
Mon Mar 21 17:20:17 MET 2005

I posted this problem last week and didn't get a response.  Maybe I
didn't explain myself very well, so here goes.  My rrd declaration looks
like so:

DEF:a=140.rrd:ds0:MAX
CDEF:A=a,UN,0,a,IF,8,*
DEF:b=/home/snmsuser/mrtg/rrd/42/143.rrd:ds0:MAX
CDEF:C=b,UN,0,b,IF,8,*
DEF:c=/home/snmsuser/mrtg/rrd/45/146.rrd:ds0:MAX
CDEF:D=c,UN,0,c,IF,8,*
CDEF:B=A,C,+,D,+
AREA:B#008080:Peak 5 Minute Incoming Traffic
GPRINT:B:LAST:Current\:%8.2lf%s

The problem is, the LAST value is always zero.  If I change
CDEF:D=c,UN,0,c,IF,8,*
CDEF:D=c,8,*
The LAST value is not zero and seems to be the correct value.

How do I change undefined values to zero and still get a correct LAST
value?
Is this a bug?
P.S. If A,C, or D are undefined I still want B to be defined.

Cory