[rrd-users] Re: rrdcgi - Please help

Paulo Jorge Oliveira paulo.oliveira at optimus.pt
Wed May 4 11:30:23 MEST 2005

On Tue, 3 May 2005, Paulo Jorge Oliveira wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using one of the examples of the rrdcgi manual (I'm trying to
> learn something). Everything seems to work well. The graph is
> generated. But I'm not able to see it on my browser (appears the red X

> icon). Can anyone help me on this?

>>If you tried it once before it worked you should clear out your
browser cache. IE (is anyone else using these odd icons >>;-) is a pain
at is caches a lot of information in a odd way.

>>Just for fun try another browser (firefox).

It really never worked. I don't know if this is the problem. But the
graphs generated by rrdcgi have owner:group like nobody:nobody and the
apache server runs as user root:other.
Apache probably should'n be installed and run as root? Should it?

Paulo