[rrd-users] STACK problem with AREA graph

David Lloyd dl1236 at hotmail.com
Thu May 5 19:09:04 MEST 2005

Hello,

this is about rrdtool-1.2.1.

If an AREA is the first, or only thing to be drawn on a graph I get a
segmentation fault.

eg with a LINE1 or LINE2 graph STACK works ok:

$ rrdtool graph line.png -s -6hour DEF:ccf=ccf.rrd:tally:AVERAGE
LINE1:ccf#aa00aa:ccf:STACK
496x168

but the same with an AREA give a seg fault:

$ rrdtool graph area.png -s -6hour DEF:ccf=ccf.rrd:tally:AVERAGE
AREA:ccf#aa00aa:ccf:STACK
Segmentation fault

I'm assuming you can use STACK on the first thing to be drawn, and it will
stack the data over the x-axis, so that you don't have to make a special
case for the first area.

Thanks
David