[rrd-users] Re: Compiling RRDTool 1.2.4 on HP-UX / IA64

D. Walsh info at daleenterprise.com
Fri May 13 10:21:09 MEST 2005

On May 13, 2005, at 02:50 , Kalin Evtimov wrote:

> Hi!
> I am still trying to install the rrdtool-1.2.4 on my machine under
> HP-UX. I installed the libraries as written on the RRDtool-rrdbuild
> page, but whatever flags I give, I always get that configure cannot
> find the 5 libraries.
>
> Has anybody had this problem already..?

I gave up on it, seems the new code has issues with static and shared
library mixing.

I could never get it to build properly in Mac OSX and now with 10.4
and gcc4.0 it complains about syntax errors because it's less
forgiving than gcc3.3.

While the new code/concept offers great features, it's not much good
if it only build on some OS's/Platforms and not others.

The issues with libtool and glibtool and knowing when to select the
appropriate one helped a little but overall, it required too much
work to build so I figured I'd just wait until the code caught up a
little and the author started using gcc4.0 before I delved back into it.

-- Dale