[rrd-users] Re: Compiling RRDTool 1.2.4 on HP-UX / IA64

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Fri May 13 13:15:09 MEST 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 04:21:09AM -0400, D. Walsh wrote:

> I could never get it to build properly in Mac OSX and now with 10.4
> and gcc4.0 it complains about syntax errors because it's less
> forgiving than gcc3.3.
>
> While the new code/concept offers great features, it's not much good
> if it only build on some OS's/Platforms and not others.
>
> The issues with libtool and glibtool and knowing when to select the
> appropriate one helped a little but overall, it required too much
> work to build so I figured I'd just wait until the code caught up a
> little and the author started using gcc4.0 before I delved back into it.

(note: not the author, yet that doesn't mean I can't test using gcc4)

What problems do you encounter?  I'm not sure if I did everything
right however I just downloaded and installed gcc4, compiled rrdtool
and it is running...

No, this isn't on mac osx.  Are you sure the problem is in rrdtool
and not in your setup?

Is the problem only occuring on 64-bit systems?

Do you have output of configure and make available? Please: do not
post it on the list, it is too much I'm afraid. A link to a webpage
would be nice.

Alex