[rrd-users] confusing errors

Natan nvivo at mandic.com.br
Fri May 20 16:23:41 MEST 2005

I'm using rrdtool 1.26 for win32, and I think the error messages are too
cofusing and don't help at all.

Consider this scenario: create a DEF, use it to create a VDEF, then use
the VDEF in GPRINT.

if my DEF can't be read (e.g. no RRA matches CF), the error is "garbage
near GPRINT", making me think that my GPRINT is wrong.

After reading the manual lots and lots of times, following examples and
recreating the command, I decided deleted the GRPRINT command and then
it said that there was an error near VDEF command, deleting it I found
out that I put the wrong RRA in DEF command.

rrdtool certainly could tell me this error sooner....