[rrd-users] Re: unable to compile on Mac OS X 10.4.1

Kennedy Clark hkclark at gmail.com
Tue May 24 18:41:29 MEST 2005

On 5/24/05, Bill Burns <shadow at burnsfamily.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've never compiled rrdtool before but I followed the directions on
> http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/doc/rrdbuild.en.html.

Hi Bill,

I recently had the same problem.  I don't know about a Mac, but on
Solaris, the key was Tobi's comment near the bottom:
  IR=-I$BUILD_DIR/lb/include
  CPPFLAGS="$IR $IR/libart-2.0 $IR/freetype2 $IR/libpng"
  LDFLAGS="-L$BUILD_DIR/lb/lib"
  CFLAGS=-O3
  export CPPFLAGS LDFLAGS CFLAGS

I had to modify the LDFLAGS to:
  LDFLAGS="-L$BUILD_DIR/lb/lib -R/usr/local/lib"

So I guess it depends on where things are failing... if during
compile, it should be the CPPFLAGS, during linking should be the
LDFLAGS.

Again, sorry if I'm off base re the Mac.

Take care,
Kennedy