[rrd-users] Re: don't know which datatype to choose

Alex Prinsier aphex at aphexer.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 5 00:15:27 MEST 2005

first of all thanks all for the responses :)

I tried like you suggested, and I believe it works (well i got data and
a graph, i'm still testing to see if the data is indeed correct :)).

Still it makes little sense to me to first calculate the speed by which
packets go through the network, and then use that speed to calculate the
actual amount of data being transferred... i had that number from the
beginning... Perhaps my way would require a new kind of datatype.

Anyway I used those CDEF's like you suggested, and they seemed to work.
However suddenly (wouldn't know what triggered it) I get this error
message (twice) when creating a graph:

*** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice

What does it mean?

I'm executing this command:

$ /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.11/bin/rrdtool graph
/home/aphex/public_html/xianc/output/teamspeak22.png --start 1125806400
--end 1125870681 --title "teamspeak2 (9/4/2005-9/4/2005)"
DEF:ts2in=/var/log/xianc/teamspeak2.rrd:ts2in:LAST
DEF:ts2out=/var/log/xianc/teamspeak2.rrd:ts2out:LAST
CDEF:ts2in2=ts2in,300,* CDEF:ts2out2=ts2out,300,*
AREA:ts2in2#FF0000:ts2in LINE1:ts2out2#00FF00:ts2out
*** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice
*** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice
481x179
$

Leaving out 'LINE1' makes the error messages disappear. What am I doing
wrong?

Thanks again,

Alex