[rrd-users] Sparklines in RRD ?

Woods, Craig craigw at amazon.com
Fri Sep 9 00:12:24 MEST 2005

I would love to build some sparklines with my RRD data - has anyone tried this?  (see http://sparkline.org/ for a sample PHP app for sparklines).
Some features that would be great for sparklines would be:
- support a line of output, with text columns and sparkline columns (e.g. "Oracle: <graph> $32  $3  $25" )
- stack the lines, creating a grid of data (see the examples for the link above).
- label max, min, last, avg data points
- Support for bar charts / whisker charts, to show trends (see the "OMB data" example at the link above).

We are still using RRDTool 1.0, so I can't try the "--only-graph" option, so when I build very small graphs, I still get the background, with a relatively large buffer on the left of the chart.

This is pretty sexy stuff, and RRDTool is the sexiest graphing tool I know of, so I'd love to see the two together ;-)

CW

Craig Woods
Data Warehouse
Amazon.com
craigw at amazon.com
206.266.3487

Courage is not simply one of the virtues but the form of every virtue at the testing point - C.S. Lewis