[rrd-users] Re: Sparklines in RRD ?

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Fri Sep 9 00:32:55 MEST 2005

Craig,

you should definitly go for rrdtool 1.2 since it has the only-graph
option as well as support for --zoom which lets you zoom your
graphs to your hearts delight ... you can also switch of the grid
to get some thing sort of like what is on that webpage ..

cheers
tobi
Yesterday Woods, Craig wrote:

> I would love to build some sparklines with my RRD data - has anyone tried this?  (see http://sparkline.org/ for a sample PHP app for sparklines).
> Some features that would be great for sparklines would be:
> - support a line of output, with text columns and sparkline columns (e.g. "Oracle: <graph> $32  $3  $25" )
> - stack the lines, creating a grid of data (see the examples for the link above).
> - label max, min, last, avg data points
> - Support for bar charts / whisker charts, to show trends (see the "OMB data" example at the link above).
>
> We are still using RRDTool 1.0, so I can't try the "--only-graph" option, so when I build very small graphs, I still get the background, with a relatively large buffer on the left of the chart.
>
> This is pretty sexy stuff, and RRDTool is the sexiest graphing tool I know of, so I'd love to see the two together ;-)
>
> CW
>
> Craig Woods
> Data Warehouse
> Amazon.com
> craigw at amazon.com
> 206.266.3487
>
> Courage is not simply one of the virtues but the form of every virtue at the testing point - C.S. Lewis
>

> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETL F24.2, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker +41(0)44-632-5286