[rrd-users] Re: Problem with MRTG and RRDTool

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sat Sep 10 07:07:05 MEST 2005

Hi Emmanuel,

there are two things to consider:

a) using snmpv2 in your mrtg setup so that it can deal with fast
   moving counters

b) using a current version of mrtg since it stores numbers in long
   long format

cheers
tobi

Today Emmanuel Muncal wrote:

> Sir:
> Im having problems graphing a Giga bandwidth. My traffic is reaching 700
> Mbps. But MRTG is just displaying about 70Mbps. I hit a wall on his one. I
> check the RRD of my mrtg element and the data is reall 70Mbps. But on the
> remote router it says 700Mbps, through a trhoughput test (iperf).
>
> I hope you can give me hints on how to resolve this one.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETL F24.2, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker +41(0)44-632-5286