[rrd-users] Re: Problem with MRTG and RRDTool

Emmanuel Muncal graemann at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 09:43:30 MEST 2005

HI Tobi:
Thanks for the prompt reply.

On 9/10/05, Tobias Oetiker <oetiker at ee.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> there are two things to consider:
>

> a) using snmpv2 in your mrtg setup so that it can deal with fast
> moving counters

I'm using snmpv2.

b) using a current version of mrtg since it stores numbers in long
> long format

MRTG Version was mrtg-2.11.1.

At first I was thinking about the Max Bandwidth settings But it was set to
125Gbps already. It seems that the actual is much greater than what the
graph shows. This greatly affects data accuracy. Im having errors only with
Gigabit interfaces. It seems I'm limited to 100Mbps.

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,

Emmanuel Muncal, ECE