[rrd-users] Drawing dual-axis graph?

Taisuke Yamada tyamadajp at list.rakugaki.org
Fri Sep 16 08:43:20 MEST 2005

Hi.

I have two RRD datasources I wish to plot. One set is a series
of absolute value that ranges from 0 to 200000, and the other
is a series of differential value with a range of -200 to +200.

Obviously, simply plotting these two in one graph would cause
latter to be almost invisible. So I'm looking for a way to
draw dual axis graph.

  20K |                             /~~~~~   | 200
      |                 /~~~~~~~~| /         |
      | ___/|_/| /~~|__/__  ____ |/          |
      |        |/  __/~   |/   | /|          | 0
      |          /             |/  |         |
      | __/~~~~~~                   |_____   |
      |                                      |-200

Is it possible to draw something like above with rrdtool?
And if possible, how can I do it?

Thanks in advance.
--
Taisuke Yamada <tyamadajp at spam.rakugaki.org>, http://rakugaki.org/
2268 E9A2 D4F9 014E F11D  1DF7 DCA3 83BC 78E5 CD3A

Message to my public address may not be handled in a timely manner.
For a direct contact, please use my private address on my namecard.