[rrd-users] 2 Weeks over 1 Week Graph

Scott Moseman smoseman at novolink.net
Fri Sep 16 16:41:52 MEST 2005

Sending again because it's been 18 hours and no post...

Viewing the current and previous week together
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/doc/rrdgraph_examples.en.
html

I was using the above as a guide, but am having problems.
Here's the basic syntax that I'm using for my RRD graphs:

rrdtool graph - --imgformat=PNG --end=now --start=end-1w
DEF:a="rrdfile.rrd":cpu:AVERAGE:end=now:start=now-1w
DEF:b="rrdfile.rrd":cpu:AVERAGE:end=now-1w:start=end-1w
(And using the necessary commands for 2 GPRINT lines.)

Indeed, my end result is a graph that is actually one week.
That is what I want.  But the only data that shows up is the
data for this current week.  The legend does show data for
both weeks, so I know rrdtool is reading in the data okay.

If I change the --start=end-1w to end-2w, I get both of the
graphs, but obviously the entire graph shows for 2 weeks.

How can I consolidate both graph displays into just 1 week?
We want to have them on top of each other for comparisons.

Thanks,
Scott