[rrd-users] Re: Example question

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at ispol.com
Thu Sep 22 16:04:53 MEST 2005

Thanks Alex!

Just in case someone happens to run against this same issue - I've found
that I can achieve what I'm looking for by doing my calculations in a CDEF
first, then using the series in a VDEF. So for the example below (my
actual situation is slightly different), it'd be something like:

 	CDEF:ds0_bits=ds0,8,*
 	VDEF:ds0avg=ds0_bits,AVERAGE

I'm not sure that it can be safely said that _any_ calculation can be
reworked this way, but it's an option.

Grisha